comes with a number of benefits.
Is it right for your product?͏
Table of Contents
The Magic of Extended-Slow-Release Nutritional Supplements
How do Extended-Slow-Release (ESR) supplements work?
What is in the Extended-Slow-Release Tablet?
The core of an Extended-Slow-Release tablet consists of the following:
- MCC (Microcrystalline Cellulose)
- HPMC (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose)
- Silicon Dioxide
- Stearic Acid
- No magnesium stearate
- No solvents
- Transparent: No secret processing agents!
The Role of HPMC in Slow Release Tablets
Erosion Tests: Ensuring Quality and Efficacy
In order to ensure we deliver only top-quality dietary supplements with accurate dissolution rates, we conduct erosion tests using our disintegration lab tester. We have for example found that if 33% of a KSM-66 tablet consists of our specialized HPMC —it will take approximately seven hours for a complete breakdown within the digestive system. We test each formula separately because the actives play a role in the eventual erosion of the tablet.
Benefits from Extended-Slow-Release in 8 Different Ways
- Cleaner, More Transparent, Less Processed: Consumers want purity, transparency and minimal processing. No-one knows how the HPMC capsules are made! We hear that solvents are used. They are made from wood or bamboo pulp.
- Better Absorption:Slow and steady wins the race. Your body has more time to absorb the nutrients. No dumping of actives into kidneys.
- Protect Actives from Stomach Acid:Only about 3% of the tablet is dissolved in the stomach with 97% of it slowly eroding in your intestine. Some of the supplements that benefit from minimal contact with stomach acid are probiotics, vitamin B1, B2, C, and CoQ10 in addition to a variety of expensive amino acids.
- More Natural: Slow release of nutrients mimics how the body absorbs nutrients from food.
- Reduce Side Effects and Improve Safety: Slower absorption means that the body doesn’t have to react to a large dose of actives all at the same time. Since these supplements play nice with your digestion, they help reduce pesky side effects like upset stomach or bathroom troubles.
- Sustained Energy: No more energy roller coasters. These supplements keep you going strong all day, no crashes allowed.
- Improved Compliance and Fewer Doses: Say goodbye to pill-popping marathons. With extended release, you can take fewer doses and still reap the benefits.
- Better Value: The consumer gets more out of each dosage