comes with a number of benefits.
Is it right for your product?͏
Avoiding the HPMC Fast Release and Delayed Release Capsules (for a good reason)
Table of Contents
The Magic of Extended-Slow-Release Nutritional Supplements
How do extended-slow-release supplements work?
What is the Extended-Slow-Release Core of the Tablet Made From?
The Role of HPMC in Slow Release Tablets
Erosion Tests: Ensuring Quality and Efficacy
Why are slow nutrient releases so awesome?
Extended-slow-release supplements have some serious perks when it comes to your health:
- Better Absorption: Slow and steady wins the race. Your body has more time to absorb all those nutrients before they say goodbye.
- Sustained Energy: No more energy rollercoasters. These supplements keep you going strong all day, no crashes allowed.
- Fewer Doses Needed: Say goodbye to pill-popping marathons. With extended release, you can take fewer doses and still reap the benefits.
- Better Value: The consumer gets more out of each dosage
- Cleaner, More Transparent: Consumers want purity and transparency. No-one knows how the capsules are made!
- Reduce costs and Differentiate: Develop a strong brand identity, differentiating means being different!
And that’s not all. Since these supplements play nice with your digestion, they can also help reduce pesky side effects like upset stomach or bathroom troubles. It’s a win-win for your body.
Fast-Release Vs Extended-Slow-Release Formulas
Defining Extended-Slow-Release Tablets Vs Regular HPMC Capsules
Extended-slow-release formulas are like the cool kids at the farmers market. They’re made from pure and transparent ingredients – fully disclosed – with names people understand. Created without solvents or hidden processing methods, grown without synthetic pesticides or GMOs.
On the other hand, regular HPMC capsules are like your average Joe. They may incorporate some natural elements (inside the capsule), but they harbor hidden secrets (in the clear capsule itself). Like you can imagine its much harder to create a plant based capsule than gelatin capsule. In fact corporations use all manner of industrial solvents in the process, including toluene, acetone, and methanol (the type of solvents varies with each manufacturer) as processing aids. Still, the product as a whole delivers a lot of nutrients, but all at once, which often is not desirable.
Drawbacks of Regular HPMC "Veggie" Caps
The Pricey Predicament
Questionable Chemical Content
Fast-Release, Fast Waste
Enhanced Bioavailability with Extended Slow Release Tablets
How improved bioavailability boosts your health
Less side effects, more satisfaction
Extended slow release tablets not only boost nutrient absorption, but they also minimize those annoying side effects that some people experience with regular supplements. No more tummy troubles or bloating.
- The gradual release mechanism gives your body time to process each dose effectively. (like food)
- Less stress on your digestive system means fewer unpleasant reactions.
Rise of the Extended Slow Release Tablet
Before you embark on creating an extended slow release supplement, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do the ingredients and function of your supplement benefit from slow release? Digestive enzymes, energy supplements, pain reliving supplements most definitely don’t.
- Consider using the good old fashioned gelatin capsule.
- Are you adopting too early to something that is unproven? Test this on one of your supplement SKUs and use the right description and information stream to your clients.
- Magnesium Stearate-free
- Natural, Organic version available
- Palm Oil-free
- Silicon dioxide-free
- Synthetic Polymers-free
- Titanium dioxide-free
Three main reasons to consider turning away from veggie caps:
- “Veggie Caps” are created with help from highly processed chemicals.
- “Veggie Caps” can never receive organic certification.
- Majority of the Actives in “Veggie Caps” are dumped.
“Veggie Caps” are created with help from highly processed chemicals:
“Veggie Caps” can never receive organic certification:
Majority of the Actives in “Veggie Caps” are dumped:
100% Utilization of Actives
- Longer Lasting Effects
Extended-release tablets are designed to release the active ingredient slowly over a longer period of time, which means that the supplement may have a more sustained effect on the body.
- Improved Compliance
Extended-release tablets typically require less frequent dosing compared to immediate-release tablets, which may improve patient compliance with taking the supplement as directed.
- Reduced Side Effects
Because the supplement is released slowly over time, there may be a lower risk of side effects compared to immediate-release tablets, which release the supplement more rapidly.
- Improved Bioavailability
Some supplements may have improved bioavailability when delivered in an extended-release formulation. This may be due to factors such as improved absorption in the gastrointestinal tract or reduced degradation of the active ingredient.
- More Natural Dosages
Humans evolved assimilating nutrients over time, vitamin D for example is generated over a longer period like the dosages of our extended-release tablets. Minerals, amino acids, and phytochemicals are much the same, the nutrients are released over the whole day when eating unprocessed foods.
- More Economical
The consumer gets more out of each dosage because the effect lasts longer and because of that almost none of the nutrients are released by the body as it is overloaded with nutrients like vitamin C. The brand also saves on not having to pay for the capsules.
Best Choice for Vegetarians! Cleaner than “Veggie Caps”
Did you know all the “Veggie Caps” out there are made with highly processed chemicals. You would never ever eat those chemicals in your food. The capsule makers don’t disclose those since they are process chemicals. Our extended-release enteric action tablet is a much cleaner choice for vegetarians.
Our extended-release enteric action tablet can be made organic for less than “Veggie” Caps.
References on magnesium stearate:
References on slow release: